Affluent Adults Audience
Career and family focused. Educated. Active. Always on-the-move, this group stays busy, balancing work, travel, entertainment and loved ones. Paying close attention to their future, they invest in stocks and bonds to ensure their family is financially secure.
Activities / Behaviors:
- They’re educated: 43% have a 4-year college degree
- They travel: 90% made at least one domestic trip in the past year
- They invest: 81% more likely to have some sort of investment in bonds
National Trends / Observations:
- Cultural differences affect how affluent adults use their money.
- More affluent consumers tend to base their spending off the value of their investments.
- Focus on enjoying their lifestyle without having to make any serious changes to their spending.
Base: 1,894,749 Adults HHI $100K+ / Sources: Scarborough, Chicago R1, 2010; National Trends / Observations compiled by Tribune Media Group Market Strategy from various sources.
“Washington Federal Bank is a community bank with two Locations in Chicago. The EZ Target works great for our bank because we can customize the areas to target, which makes it very cost effective for us.”James R. Crotty, Vice President - Washington Federal Bank
“The Chicago Tribune plays an integral part in our print media program by providing the extensive reach that we need to promote our properties to potential buyers in the Western suburbs. When considering the price that it takes to get our message to its wide and affluent readership, there is nothing in the marketplace that even comes close to being comparable.”Frank Turk, Marketing Director - Coldwell Banker Honig-Bell