Rapidly growing. Young. Family-oriented. The average Chicago Hispanic household is large and technologically savvy, spending a significant amount of time online and with their cell phones. Often bilingual, they cling to their heritage as much as they seek to be involved in their community.
Activities / Behaviors
- They rely on their phones: More likely to use pre-paid calling cards and / or go online.
- They invest in their homes: Over 60% more likely to invest in home improvements.
- They are eco-conscious: They are 51% more likely to perform eco-friendly activities.
National Trends / Observations
- More Hispanics are starting to rely on technology, giving marketing strategies new life.
- Community leaders and corporate America are working together, looking for ways to protect, empower & inspire Hispanics.
- Social media is providing opportunities of empowerment around social causes.
Base: 1,301,021 Hispanic Adults A18+. Sources: Scarborough, Chicago R1, 2010; National Trends / Observations compiled by Tribune Media Group Market Strategy from various sources.
“Chicago Tribune’s print and insert program allows Midas the flexibility to target tight geographies with a flexible product mix that includes Chicago Tribune subscribers and non-subscribers, RedEye and Fin de Semana.”Cary Dice, Account Director - Moroch
“Over the past two years we have successfully used EZ Targets, targeting the general market through RedEye, and the Hispanic Market with Hoy Newspaper. We love the fact that we can geo target by zip code and reach our desired market.”Valerie Mirea, Media Buyer - Varicose Vein Solutions
“Throughout the years the Chicago Tribune has been excellent vehicle in helping us reach our desired market. We are now targeting the Hispanic Market with Hoy Newspaper and are pleased with the results!”Adam Silverstein, General Manager - Cardinal Warehouse Wine & Liquors