Mature Adults Audience
Extra time. Fewer demands. Mature adults can enjoy the fruits of their earnings after a lifetime of responsibilities. This group, however, is also faced with, or beginning to face, common health problems such as arthritis and high blood pressure.
Activities / Behaviors
- They like to travel: 67% more likely to have taken between 3-4 international trips in the past 3 years.
- They are eco-conscious: Nearly 30% more likely to use re-usable shopping bags.
- They enjoy art & culture: More than twice as likely to have attended a symphony, dance or ballet performance in the past year.
National Trends / Observations
- A shift from “excessive” to “smarter” spending habits is on the rise.
- Luxury is still on the radar, but it has to offer more than just a prestigious name.
- Core values are influenced by the need to give back (community, family, etc.).
Base: 841,888 Adults A45+ with HHI $100K+. Source: Scarborough, Chicago R1, 2010; National Trends / Observations compiled by Tribune Media Group Market Strategy from various sources.