Young Trendsetters Audience
Unafraid, determined and optimistic. These overachievers have their hands on the pulse of today. They’re current, multi-cultural and enjoy life, staying in touch with friends and trends through their mobile phones and online. But they don’t follow the crowd; they lead it.
- They’re mobile: More likely to use internet features such as GPS, email and instant messaging on their phones.
- They’re online for fun: Twice as likely to download movies, TV programs, music and video games.
- They’re in transition: Twice as likely to go back to school in the next year and more likely begin searching for a new job.
Activities / Behaviors
- Mobile technology serves as an urban guide.
- They have an interest in cultural exploration with a focus on local activism.
- An innovative drive keeps them afloat during uncertain times.
National Trends / Observations
Base: 2,215,057 Adults A18-34. Sources: Scarborough, Chicago R1, 2010; National Trends / Observations compiled by Tribune Media Group Market Strategy from various sources.
“We always advertise in RedEye to get the word out about our free classes and programs for the community. We know that this is an effective way to reach a wide variety of people and demographics, reaching those who live in the city, as well as suburbanites who work in the city and grab a RedEye to read on the train. Our RedEye sales representative is wonderful to work with - she always gets us what we need in a timely manner. ”Felicia Ross, Marketing Coordinator - Reform Jewish Chicago
“Over the past two years we have successfully used EZ Targets, targeting the general market through RedEye, and the Hispanic Market with Hoy Newspaper. We love the fact that we can geo target by zip code and reach our desired market.”Valerie Mirea, Media Buyer - Varicose Vein Solutions
“The event was super successful and the AdMail drew a lot of attendees. The event had a GREAT turnout – we had over 200 people show up throughout the night.”Morgan Bennett, Marketing Manager - Burton Snowboards
“It’s interesting how we have seen a spike the day of a RedEye ad, but especially the day after the ad comes out. I was thinking maybe this is because people grab the RedEye and read it on their way home, see the ad and then come in the next day. But either way, there seems to be results.”Jamie Revell, Director of Marketing - Women's Workout & Fitness