In this era of high-tech, internet-connected, ever-mobile consumerism, last year’s resolutions to be digitally up to speed can seem “last decade.” And as new online marketing trends and strategies continually evolve, what worked for you this year most likely won’t work in the new year.
According to singlegain.com, an online marketing company, 2019 will be all about better customer experience through digital marketing trends that should be embraced now, never mind waiting until January:
- Artificial intelligence, or AI, notes Nidhi Dave at singlegrain.com, can analyze consumer behavior and search patterns, drawing on data from social media and blog posts to help businesses understand how users find products and services.
- Programmatic advertising uses AI to automate ad buying to more specific audiences — a fast and efficient process that translates to higher conversions and lower customer acquisition costs.
- Chatbots use instant messaging, via AI-based technology, to chat in real time with customers or visitors to your site. These “virtual assistants” respond to queries promptly and automate repetitive tasks, saving businesses time and money.
- Personalized marketing — hyperfocused content, emails, product news and offers — helps build customer relationships and is easier than ever with the availability of data such as purchase history, customer behavior and clicked-on links.
- Video marketing should be an essential part of your marketing strategy for 2019, if for no other reason than these stats from singlegrain.com: 52 percent of consumers say that watching product videos increases their confidence in making online purchasing decisions, and 72 percent of businesses say video has improved their conversion rate.
Embracing these and other digital trends will be critical next year if you’re to keep pace with the marketplace by delivering your marketing message in a way that immediately interests today’s customers and increases conversions.